Saturday, November 28, 2009

State of the World



Throughout the semester we went through the book, "State of the World". Each chapter was different and talked about obtaining sustainability as a complete world as one. When each of us presented a climate connection article it was easy to put into perspective of what is happening throughout our not so innocent world. Reducing black carbon was one article that stood out to me. I never realized that so much CO2 is being released into our atmosphere just from everyday things. I think the amount of black carbon that is being released is an easy subject to make efforts on fixing with great benefits. We can easily cut back by carpooling, eliminating the amount of cars on the road by taking the bus, or a train if possible. Another article that caught my attention was the role of cities in climate change. Cities are so large and so busy that the climate can change each year due to the populations ups and downs and the amount of pollution that is given off throughout the city. Cities do not pay as much as attention as they should to what they are doing to our atmosphere. They are a big cause to our climate changing and how quickly it is being altercated. The cities should take into consideration all the things they are doing just for money. All the taxis that fill the street and the pollution in the parks along with the rivers causes our systems to break down more quickly then we can handle. They can easily make a difference if a little consideration would be involved. One other article that I thought was interesting was the one that told us that it was not too late to act. People may think that we have gone too far and that there is no point to even act upon changing at this point. That is not true from what I got from the article. We could make such a difference that we can reverse the roles so much where we go back to beyond the start. Making things worse does not do any good for us and it is never too late. I myself have just been informed about a lot of these issues and I feel that I can make a difference just by doing the little that I can do, such as carpooling, not littering, respecting the environment that I live in. Overall the articles showed me that the United States is the not the only country that is going through the same changes as us and even some are in worse shape than the U.S. I also learned that there are ways to prevent this from happening at such a rapid pace that it is.
AAAAAAAAAdU/RFfa_XFwESM/s400/Picture+56.png

No comments:

Post a Comment