Monday, November 30, 2009

I have to start off by saying that nothing has really changed around the neighborhood that I live in. I would like to say that things have changed for the better but they really have not. The lake behind my apartment still looks quite similar with the same surroundings, a few birds roam around along with the algae that lies upon the lake. The lake is the only thing that carries support to the wildlife, besides the little amount of trees that are near the back part of the complex. I did not notice any new animals as I thought I would maybe come across a snake or something of the sort. I would have to say that my neighborhood is definitely not sustainable. There is constant litter on the ground, including beer bottles and cans, graffiti on the sidewalks, and fast food wrappers throughout the parking lot. I do not see any sightings of green building taking place anywhere. They still have not started a recycling program which I know many have recommended. From what I see there are more and more cars that fill the parking lot, so black carbon releasing into the air has done nothing but grown higher. I would like to see some changes begin to happen as time goes on, maybe we should start a group to inform them on what exactly some of their issues are.
http://www.ci.cumberland.md.us/new_site/app/webroot/files/image/recycling.jpg


Pictures by Lori DiFazio

No comments:

Post a Comment