Sunday, November 29, 2009

Canoe Trip at FGCU Marine Lab

http://images.google.com/imgres?imgurl
The canoe trip to the FGCU marine lab is the one field trip that I was looking forward to the most because of it being outdoors and a little bit adventurous. I have gone canoeing and kayaking a few times in the past and was looking forward towards this experience. Sadly, I did not end up going on the field trip. I was a little bummed as I rather have been canoeing down a river then sitting in bed with a toothache. I was expecting to see many different things, especially mangroves and maybe some cool looking animals such as birds or maybe even an alligator! I had heard from other classmates that they had a lot of fun and that I missed out. They all enjoyed canoeing and found it very entertaining and one of the better field trips. I know that if I had went I would have enjoyed it as well. I have been down to where the marine lab is and I am a little familiar with the waters back there, I know that they are one of a kind and if you keep going through them you will eventually end up in the gulf. I feel that it is important to protect the coastal areas because if we do not keep them in good shape it will eventually lead out into our oceans. If the coastal areas are all run down and not taken care of then it will lead to destruction of our seas, the animals will suffer along with the plants and the environment that lives below us. I really wish that I could have joined my classmates on our final field trip of our Colloquium experience but I guess I will have to maybe one day go down there on my own and see what it is all about.

No comments:

Post a Comment