Monday, November 30, 2009

Final Impressions

My impressions drastically changed from the first day of Colloquium class right up until the last. I started off not being so thrilled about taking the class but in the end it was not as bad as I thought. I enjoyed going on all the field trips. I thought that they were very educational and hands on, which is why I probably learned more than I expected. Some assignments were a little too much, mostly the quizzes. I think I could have done without those and maybe would have added one or two more papers in there somewhere. I liked our in class discussions about the different readings from the University Colloquium Reader. I especially enjoyed the David Orr article and the Louv ones. I also found the Earth Charter very interesting because I did not know that there was something like that out there. Learning all about sustainability and the environment gave me a different outlook on the planet that we live on. I was clueless when coming into the class but now I feel as if I am leaving with a good idea of what is happening and what should be done. I now know that I will be more conscientious when it comes to the little things such as the water, lights, and cars. I think that throughout the whole semester we covered pretty much everything that there was to go over. Maybe a few more activities in the classroom would have made class time more exciting rather than a lecture or movie. I overall enjoyed my experience in Colloquium class, and having a good teacher made it much more enjoyable!

No comments:

Post a Comment