Sunday, October 11, 2009

Ecological Footprint

My ecological footprint came out to be a 6.1. http://sustainability.publicradio.org/consumerconsequences/consumerConsequences.htmlI was excited to take this quiz because I was curious to see what it would ask in order to calculate the number. I find it pretty outrageous that it would take 6 worlds if everyone lived the way that I did. My highest category was my impact on public and personal transportation and to be honest that is one of the easiest categories that I could make improvements on, which made me happy. I really did not think that my footprint would have come out so high because I truly do think that there are worse situations out there and that I would have been somewhere in the middle. My roommates and I are not as conscious as we should be about some things but when it comes to electricity and water we are somewhat mindful. I think after reading the results and simplifying what I am really doing to our earth and the environment, I would really like to make a significant change. I know if I sat down with my three other roommates and had a serious talk with them on how we should lower our energy use a little, or higher our recycling habits they would be completely in for it. I would like to contribute to making our planet more sustainable even if it is only making a few minor, simple changes!

No comments:

Post a Comment