Monday, October 12, 2009

Corkscrew Sanctuary!

The Corkscrew Sanctuary was by the best field trip so far. I thought it was beautiful, the surroundings, the noises, just the whole atmosphere. How they built that boardwalk through all those prairies of land is fascinating to me. Being able to keep all that land just the way it was years and years ago is great. There is not much area that this could happen so in order for it to stay like that for years to come is mind blowing. The views of the daisies were breathtaking and gorgeous. Seeing so many of them at one time was awesome. Walking along the boardwalk we heard many noises and even saw a vulture. I thought that was awesome as I had never seen one before. While on our walk we also crossed paths with three or four spiders that were hanging on their webs in the middle of the boardwalk. They were just hanging there eating bugs. All the noises that were heard sounded pretty when they were all together. I myself really enjoyed looking out into the open grassland which probably contained more animals then we thought. We also encountered a little black snake along with a big green grasshopper. The most exciting part I thought was seeing the otter in the water. Although it only had a short stay until it swam underneath the boardwalk, I thought it was cool I got to see one at all. I pretty much enjoyed every part of the sanctuary and would love to go back there. I even told my Mom about it and told her once the weather got a little bit cooler it wold be a nice thing to do on Saturday afternoon!

No comments:

Post a Comment