Monday, October 12, 2009

Conservation 20/20

The Conservation 20/20 website was pretty fascinating. It really impressed me when reading through that people actually started this foundation just because of their love for the land. It is pretty bold of them to go after and help change something that they truly had a concern for. The purpose of the program is to try and protect the preserve natural wildlife habitat. They want to try and keep things the way they used to be and keep a sustainable environment. They are also dedicated to keep the supply of water adequate to the people. They want to make sure that the supply is always up and that the worry of a shortage is never an option. Another goal of theirs is to protect the land that is already developed from floods. They want to accomplish all of these objectives by using resource-based recreation. This is the first time that I have heard of this program and I think its a great idea. If we did not have people out there to worry about these issues that who would? I know a program like this could get controversial because of the money from citizens tax dollars are actually going towards a lot of the funding but I think in the long run it will be worth it and well appreciated by most, well hopefully some. Besides Matanzas Pass I have not been to any other preserves. I do not know if I will ever make it out to another but if I do ever come across one it would a fun activity to go check out. Overall I think that if these type of people and programs weren't out there then our planet would be a lot worse off than it already is, they are just trying to make a difference in a category that lacks attention. http://www.conservation2020.org/index.cfm

No comments:

Post a Comment