Monday, October 12, 2009

Field Trip to Matanzas Pass Preserve

The field trip to Matanzas Pass Preserve was very informative and historical. I really did enjoy learning about the early times of Ft. Myers beach and how it came to be. I found it very interesting and I thought the woman who was speaking was very enthusiastic about the topic and made it fun to learn about. I heard a lot of good facts and interesting stories that really made everything go together about how Ft. Myers beach is so special to the residents that have been there since the beginning. Although the bugs were a little unbareable I did enjoy the surroundings once on the boardwalk. My favorite part was when we sat on the benches overlooking the water. It was truely a beautiful sight. I love looking at the open water while sitting in silence where you can hear all your surroundings. The boardwalk that led us to the view of the water was actually very relaxing. It was fun to just walk and listen and look for various animals such as birds. I thought it was interesting to see the level at which we were at and how you could tell if you were higher or lower in elevation because of the types of trees that appeared and because of the ammount of water. I did not see too many things animal wise but it was an experience that I did appreciate in the end.



No comments:

Post a Comment