Monday, September 14, 2009

Future of Food

After watching the documentary, I went to research my favorite food. I decided to do my favorite snack which is Goldfish. I never realized how complex it was to make Goldfish or even how large of a process it was. The ingredients in Goldfish are enriched wheat flour, vitamin b2, folic acid, water, salt, vegetable oils, yeast, sugar, baking soda, spices, onion powder, pasteurized milk, and cheese. Goldfish are made by Pepperidge Farm which grows it's ingredients in Fairfield, Connecticut. They have farms all throughout the world for their growing need for there products such as goldfish. In order for Goldfish to get onto my plate it takes a long process. Sometimes they could come from just another state but at other times I could be eating Goldfish that came all the way from Switzerland. Pretty amazing if you ask me. The documentary of the future of food was a good source of information that I did not know. I never really have thought about what the world has in store for the future when it comes to the food that needs to be grown. I also never put my mind in the frame of thinking about whether or not consumers should be informed about what is in their food. I now think that it is a good idea to let everyone know. People should be aware of what they are eating and should have the option of having alternatives if they want. I felt that this documentary was pretty educational and helped me understand the future of food.










No comments:

Post a Comment