Monday, September 14, 2009

Field Trip #1 ECHO

The first field trip to ECHO was very eye opening to say the least. When we first got on the bus in the morning I wasn't sure what to expect. When we
arrived I noticed the enviornment in which we would be exploring and it seemed to look a little different then what I was thinking. When the tour guide explained to us all about the other countries and how they live I thought it to be the most interesting part of the field trip. Learning that "starving" means intaking 1800 calories with manual labor was pretty crazy to me. I would definitely be in for a shock if I were to put my shoes in another country where having fresh healthy food was not an option. If I had to grow my own food, learning these ways of surviving would be very helpful. I thought that the water pump was pretty cool as it gave some help in cleaning dirty water. I also thought that by putting water in a soda bottle and using the suns rays to purify was pretty fascinating. Using the goats manuer for soil was also very interesting and something that I have never heard of before. I never knew that there were so many different ways to do things to help out third world countries. The entire ECHO organization does wonders to those who need it. Whoever started the cause is helping out people each and every day. I enjoyed the field trip very much and was inspired to learn more about trees, plants, and animals that could have more then one use around the world.





No comments:

Post a Comment