Monday, September 14, 2009

Your Neighborhood

Taking a walk around my neighborhood I have to admit was not too exciting. Some environmental features that I encountered were the lakes that are surrounded by the property and the trees that circle the buildings. While walking by the lake I did happen to notice a few lily pads on top of the water which represented some from life. On my walk I did not see any turtles but in the past I have seen a turtle wandering around the parking lot, probably looking for its home. The palm trees that are along the lake are your typical Florida tree. On my walk a came across a tall, white bird, I think it was called a Heron, but did not seem used to socialization as when I walked closer it quickly flew off. One thing that stood out to me while strolling was the amount of garbage that was laying in the grass near the lake. Rappers, cans, beer bottles, you name it and it was there. As for ecological issues, the apartment complex in which I live in does participate in a recycling program. It is up to the people to take recycling into their own hands which I think would be the best idea for the environment. I think that the environment that I live in holds a good amount of wildlife and features that put together a sustainable place to live.


No comments:

Post a Comment