Monday, October 12, 2009

Food Intake

When reading what I had to do, like count my calorie intake, I knew from then I would not be thrilled with the results. I started keeping track the moment I woke up in the morning on Saturday. When I woke up around 9:30 a.m I had two Special K waffles with syrup on top. http://www.calories-nutrition.buddyslim.com/waffles-special-k/ These two waffles contained a total of 320 calories without the syrup. Throughout the day I had a Chewy granola bar that was 90 calories, a ham and turkey sandwich with cheese, and about 10 Special K crackers. The sandwich was about 400 calories and the crackers were 55 calories. For dinner I ended up going out to eat where my meal was prepared for me. I went to TGI Fridays and had a BBQ Jack Chicken. The meal was 500 calories. http://www.thedailyplate.com/nutrition-calories/food/tgi-fridays After dinner I had two chocolate chip cookies which were 200 calories. When adding up my day the total came to 1,565 calories. When analyzing my food intake I realized that usually on a daily basis about half my food is pre-made and half was made by myself. Most of the food that I ate in that one day was prepackaged and came from the grocery store. I wouldn't say that my choice in food was the most sustainable which is probably something that could be worked on but I do not think that the amount of calories taken in was too terrible, I definitely think it could have been a lot worse. I would like to make a substantial change in trying to prepare my own meals more instead of going out to eat. Not only for the environment but also for my health. The food that I can prepare for myself will be much more sustainable let alone healthier. I plan to make a conscientious effort in making a change on my eating habits.

No comments:

Post a Comment