Monday, October 12, 2009

Campus Trail Field Trip

Going on the campus trails was for sure an adventure. That is the one word I would use to some it up. Going into it I was a little worried because I was unsure of what to expect. In the end I was reflecting back on it and it was well worth it and pretty much everything I was expecting. I really enjoyed exploring the trails of campus and really see what was hiding back there in those woods. I thought it was cool seeing the trees that survived the fire way back some years ago that were still alive today. I also thought the Melaluca was pretty amazing as it lives for so many years and could have been there decades before. I was awaiting walking through the knee high water because that is what we were warned of but that did not come till about half way through our adventure. When the sea levels changed it was quite a change in scenery because of all of the water that rose and the areas that were dry. When we finally got to the wetlands, it was rather mucky and muddy but I was very intrigued to continue walking. On our walk we saw an owl in the trees. We also heard the sounds of woodpeckers along with other exotic creatures. I have to say I was a little worried stopping to talk while my feet were implanted in mud and water up to my knees but it was certainly rememberable. At the beginning of colloquium class I never thought I would be doing something like that but when it was over and accomplished I was glad I did. I learned a lot about the campus on our trail hike and it made it more clear to me why our school is so environmental friendly!

No comments:

Post a Comment